Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cute Idea + Updated Orange Guest Room Board

So at the first Pottery Barn class me and Devie went to we walked around afterward and I took pictures of things I liked. One was this - I think it's SO super clever to add color to your walls by framing fabric (i.e. straight up fabric or a placemat or napkin, etc.).





So, the next visit to Pottery Barn yielded three of these huge brown, laquer frames ($40 each - on sale for $8 people - thanks for finding, Dev!). So, $24 later, I was the proud owner of three frames. They could go anywhere together in a home, clearly.


sorry the pic is so bad!
However, I got to thinking about the guest room (orange). I was originally interested in painting the wall behind the bed orange to add color to the room. But now, I want to frame orange fabric and hang these three over the new headboard!!! Thoughts?! Here is the updated inspiration board - it's really coming together what with the lamp I bought yesterday and the bamboo side table, etc.!! Yes, you'll notice the brown cube is back in. I just love them and am going to buy them for something so for now they're on this board. Depending on how large the room is i'll use them! AND I have a Target giftcard burning a hole in my pocket so there you go!



Click to make it larger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart those frames. We did so good that day!

will your orange fabric be solid or printed? I think printed fabric would be cute. Maybe find a fabric that has one or two coordinating patterns (maybe a stripe, dot, and paisley-- for example)

that orange room is lookin' good!

fittingbackin said...

Yay! Um, YEAH we did - you and mom found me a little gold mine!!

I dunno - I think a printed fabric would be SUPER cute. I plan to bring a frame and the orange sham to the fabric store. I'd LOVE to find a neat print that also coordinates with the PB pillow!!

Thanks!! :) It's all because of you and your fabulous ideas! BTW- Pier 1 has wooden owls.... i'm thinking of purchasing!!