Thursday, February 26, 2009

0 for 2.... but a New Plan...

At 4:30 today we get the email from Amanda: the house is now under contract - they accepted someone else's offer. Sigh. We're now 0 for 2. Around 5:45 I stop working and started thinking.... I make a decision... let's place offers on the other two houses! Let's place a 'final offer' on the first house that turned us down and a 'first offer' on the house that we're still waiting to get the stucco report back on. Let's just throw them out there and see what happens so we'll KNOW if they should even be in our consideration set.

Austin comes home. He resists my plan.... then he's like eff it - let's do it. So we crunch our numbers, double-check the comparables and email Amanda the offers for both houses.... now i'm wondering.... will both accept? Will neither accept? Will one accept - if so, which one? Oh my... i'm going to have to let Nyquil put me to sleep tonight!

For a quick refresher: this is the first house (back story: we saw it, liked it, but worried that the stucco was installed poorly leading to moisture in the windows. We walked away. But Amanda stayed on it and the owner is like no, it's great stucco blah blah lots of info blah blah and offers to have a treatment done on the windows to remove the moisture - says it not caused by stucco - and offers to pay for a stuco inspector... so far the windows were treated today, and the inspector is scheduled for Wednesday.... this will be our FIRST offer so we'll see - and of course if the inspection comes back and there's issues it's out).

Here is the second house (back story: we put an offer on it, the guy dropped his price some, but not enough. We put another offer on it and the guy said no... this time we're offering signifcantly more and just seeing what happens. It's our FINAL offer so he can take it or leave it).



Wish us luck!! We're coming up on a pretty weekend in Atlanta... if we don't hear from them they could get buyers this weekend - boo!

No comments: