So I love this! I love the simple knobs, the cute desk lamp, the small mirror and little pictures to the side. What a fun, simple (probably cheap) set up that looks SHARP! What do you think?!
I hear you - I'm not feeling the actual pieces/selections/colors - just the placement. The idea of a mirror hanging over the furniture, the idea of a funky fun lamp on the surface, a cluster next to the mirror, etc. So me personally, I wouldn't pick THOSE pieces, but I would set up pieces I like in this pattern. Does that make sense? I dunno! I TOTALLY see what you mean about the mirror being too small and just wrong though - and I personally think it looks low quality. Yeah - i said it! haha
Rob & Naylene have that dresser and really like it! I've looked at it bunches of times with jan, too.
Anyway, I don't love the mirror with the dresser either. I would love to see a round mirror with a brushed nickel frame (to mimic the round brushed nickel knobs on the dresser).
I would also do a different lamp. either a black base with a white shade (with black piping) or a brushed nickel base with a b/w stripe or polka or something.
Hey-- don't you HAVE a lamp at mom's house with a cool b/w polka shade??? It would look very cute on this! (or if too tall, on the nightstand)
The little pictures around the mirror are a cute idea, but maybe a little too distracting... I'll have to think on that one...
That's so funny! haha I wonder if it comes in other colors... hmmm. Oh a round mirror is a great idea (to match the knobs) - smart! I DO have that lamp - Love it - If mom's done with it I'd like to have it in the new house if it fits. Love that lamp! Hmmm - I didn't think of them as distracting but now that I look at it it kind of is. Not really the clean look I like - more cluttered?
That is the dresser that Shane and I want for the bedroom...I've gone to look at it as well and it is really cute in person. You can also get it in the black/brown color...Can't believe we haven't talked about this during one of our walks!
1. Purchase and install stainless steel dishwasher, microwave and stove in the kitchen.+ 2. Have recessed lighting installed in the kitchen/pool table area.++ 3. Have crown molding replaced/extended in kitchen/pool table area.++ 4. Replace light and hardware for half bath; maybe replace sink. - 5. Stain/replace hardware on three-drawer chest in orange guest room. - 6. Have cable installed on TV in kitchen. - 7. Have TV mounted over fireplace in pool table area.++ 8. Get grill 9. Get umbrella and other outdoor decor items. 10. Replace night stands in Master bedroom. 11. Reupholster and/or replace chaise in Master bedroom.++ 12. Paint hall closet. 13. Buy outdoor heater. -
6 comments:
hmmmm.....several things bother me.
1. The cord hanging down in plain sight on the side of the dresser.
2. The mirror seems a tad small to me for the size of the dresser.
3. The mirror being black and wrought iron doesn't go as well with the white dresser as I would like.
I think if they'd used a different mirror, I'd like the overall look much better. :)
I hear you - I'm not feeling the actual pieces/selections/colors - just the placement. The idea of a mirror hanging over the furniture, the idea of a funky fun lamp on the surface, a cluster next to the mirror, etc. So me personally, I wouldn't pick THOSE pieces, but I would set up pieces I like in this pattern. Does that make sense? I dunno! I TOTALLY see what you mean about the mirror being too small and just wrong though - and I personally think it looks low quality. Yeah - i said it! haha
Rob & Naylene have that dresser and really like it! I've looked at it bunches of times with jan, too.
Anyway, I don't love the mirror with the dresser either. I would love to see a round mirror with a brushed nickel frame (to mimic the round brushed nickel knobs on the dresser).
I would also do a different lamp. either a black base with a white shade (with black piping) or a brushed nickel base with a b/w stripe or polka or something.
Hey-- don't you HAVE a lamp at mom's house with a cool b/w polka shade??? It would look very cute on this! (or if too tall, on the nightstand)
The little pictures around the mirror are a cute idea, but maybe a little too distracting... I'll have to think on that one...
That's so funny! haha I wonder if it comes in other colors... hmmm. Oh a round mirror is a great idea (to match the knobs) - smart! I DO have that lamp - Love it - If mom's done with it I'd like to have it in the new house if it fits. Love that lamp! Hmmm - I didn't think of them as distracting but now that I look at it it kind of is. Not really the clean look I like - more cluttered?
That is the dresser that Shane and I want for the bedroom...I've gone to look at it as well and it is really cute in person. You can also get it in the black/brown color...Can't believe we haven't talked about this during one of our walks!
ha - so funny!!! I'm so glad it's in black/brown and under $300 too!!!
Post a Comment