Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Living Room: Likes & Dislikes


Likes: This room speaks to me! I love the warm colors, the dark wood, the heavy drapes no the pretty windows, the matching lamps/end tables at each side of the couch, the way it feels 'lived in' but still tidy. I think what I like most is the overall feel this room puts off.
Dislikes: I'm not crazy about the slipcovered furniture - i'd prefer microsuede; I dislike the pillows on the couch - they blend too much and i'd like to see a color or pattern or a colored pattern! I don't like the lamp on the fireplace- doesn't seem functional? I think, like the green office post below, this room needs, as my mom says "some editing."

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

hey! I enlarged the picture and that's not a fireplace, it's a buffet/console type piece of furniture. I had to do it. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why the heck there'd be a LAMP on a mantel. Not to mention that big, honking chair backed up to it! LOL

But like you, I love the overall look of the room. Especially all the windows! Pretty! The feel of it is great as well.

Yes, it DOES need some editing! ;-)

fittingbackin said...

hahaha NO WONDER!!! hehe me neither!!!!!! RIGHT?! LOL fire hazard, anyone?

YES- great feel to the room but dire need of editing! :)