
I now have: BED: Ivory bedding with Ivory Euro shams and rust standard shams; the ivory/brown leaf pillow to sit in front of all of those pillows and the headboard! My mom has the double bed so really all that is left for me to buy for the bed is full size sheets (still deciding on a color - wanted rust but they sold out) and a dust ruffle (something burlap/organic looking).
I always had: the bird cage & the chair on the bottom right. I also plan to use this hexagon bamboo night stand that is currently my bedroom night stand (but it a little small for the master to me). Do you think it needs two night stands? I'm thinking no... hmmm where is that bird cage going to sit? The floor seems lame? The desk isn't big enough... hmmmm.
I still need: two brown cubes for the foot of the bed ($100 Target); an awesome lamp (still watching that one but it's still $130 at West Elm); the Ballard's sawhorse desk (Austin is watching the outlet; last time mom/dev checked they didn't have natural like I want above). Also, I want these lamps (two?) to sit on the desk - they're cheap. As far as accessories, I have plenty around the house that "go" with this room, and the new birch sleeves, and I know Mom/Sister could come up with some smart ideas with vase fillers/vases/stuff - they're brilliant! So that leaves the guest room with a full bed, an end table, two cubes for extra seating and a desk/chair. I think that's plenty, don't you? Thinking about being a guest, I think i'll definitely need to put a mirror somewhere. What do you think? And the sawhorse desk will have a TV on it because I plan to scrapbook on it and use the closet in that room (the bottom part) as my scrapbook closet and i'm going to have Austin get one of those wood pieces with wheels to sit my stuff on. Am I nuts? I mean, I know I am but does this make me nuts? Because it seems simply visionary to me but seeing it in writing it's slightly embarrassing, no?! haha K - off track.
Is there enough rust, i.e., orange color? Upon first glance, no.However, my master plan is for the bed that the wall is on (and the fab new headboard) I'll do a rust-colored splash wall (solid, no texture) behind it! I'll just take the sham to Lowe's like the commercial and have them whip me up a batch of paint! If I think it's necessary - i'll do 2 walls, but i'd rather just have the one wall and try to find some rust-colored accents for the desktop and maybe a rust-colored throw for the squares at the foot of the bed. Thoughts?
And if the guest room is big enough... What do you think about this chair in the corner? The chair in the neutral color.... I'm in love with it. And think it goes well with this room. By the way - in case you haven't noticed - i'm obsessed with this room and plan to spend lots of time in it! Also, if we are able to do two guest rooms (still have fingers crossed we'll be able to) this will be the bigger of the two - the green/black will be a smaller room... Thoughts??
K - I need help and I need it pronto. :) Loves!
4 comments:
You've got SO many great ideas!
I like 'em all!
But I really think you won't know exactly what you can use until you get your place and see how big the space is that you have to work with.
Until then....just keep all your awesome ideas perking! :)
Thanks, Mom!! I just CAN'T WAIT! (have I already told you that?) haha
Thanks - really. you're right. I TOTALLY agree. Yes - I need to remember why I started the blog - as a place to store all of these ideas UNTIL I get a house. I'm so impatient AND overzealous - not a good combo. Bless Austin's heart. :)
You DO have so many ideas! wow!
Okay, I'm going to try to put in my 2 cents here... I've got a split screen up so I can read your post and comment at the same time! :)
BED: I can't believe the sheets sold out before you bought them! Kel! Um... what about a light mocha color??? Not nec. chocolate, but a little darker than burlap. And I LOVE the idea of a burlap skirt. :)
BIRD CAGE: you could put a rust colored ribbon on it or fill it with something rust colored. Mom--those owls we got from PB would look cool in it with rust colored ribbon necklaces or something!!! Also, could you hang the birdcage? I think that would look cool!!!
NIGHT STANDS: I think 1 is enough. You could always use a straight back chair (like an old straight back kitchen chair) and paint it brown or put a burlap slipcover on it or something for the other side. Or use the one you have in the inspiration board and get a parsons chair to use at the desk...
LAMPS from IKEA: I don't know if you would have room for 2 of them AND a TV on the desk... You could use one for the nightstand and one on the desk... or get one table size (for the desk) and one floor size (to stand next to the desk on the other side.
BROWN CUBES: I still like the brown cubes, but really, kel, how much extra seating do you need in a guest bedroom???? You are already going to have the bed, and a desk chair, and posibly another chair next to the bed...do you need the cubes, too? I mean, I see that they are easy to transport to other rooms and they can serve as a place to, say, but your suitcase on and all. Oh, and if you do go with the cubes, do you think you need a bed skirt, too? It may be too much. It might look 'cleaner' with just the cool headboard and bedding, then capped with the cubes.
RUST COLORED ACCENTS: I think the color pop wall will be AWESOME! I also think a throw blanket would be nice (though it may be hard to find in that color unless you get it at West Elm). Pillows for the bed would be an easy way. Another way is like I said earlier about the birdcage, maybe with the curtains (or are you going to do bamboo shades?), you could also introduce some rust colors in your desk accessories. (magazine holder, desk blotter, pencil/pen/marker cups, etc...). Have you considered doing brass or gold in that room??? I'll keep thinking of other ways. Oh, what about a small area rug? (On the side of the bed or at the foot of the bed?)
IKEA horseshoe-shaped CHAIR: have you seen this in person? It's kinda smallish. not my fav... (mostly b/c of the low back...) I think you'd be happier spending the $100 on a parson's chair (remember we saw several at that Home Good's Store by the movie theater where we saw Twilight?)
Ok, going to bed now. Hope I was helpful and not hurtful!!! You have WONDERFUL, ORGANIZED ideas! I can't wait until you move so we can put it all into action!!!
LOVE YOU!
You’re a little genius – I heart your 2 cents:
BED: Oh I know it – who would have thought?! I like the idea of a moca so it complements the pillows but doesn’t contrast so much, either. Great idea – I’m on the lookout!! In all honesty, I was worried the rust sheets would FADE!
BIRD CAGE: Wow – love the idea of something rust in it! Owls? I’m intrigued. I LOVE the idea of it hanging, but I worry it wouldn’t hang well – it’s base is rectangular… perfect for sitting… hmmm.
NIGHT STANDS: I agree, too – and Devie I HAVE a burlap slipcover!! OMG I love it – DONE!!! Now I just need a straight back kitchen chair on the cheap… TRUE – duh – love the parsons desk idea and the wicker one as a side – my GAH you should do this for a living (of course the kiddies would be screwed though – not cool). So yeah – with these two chairs I DEFINITELY don’t need to get that natural one, too.
LAMPS: ahhhh I totally agree! One on the nightstand & one on the desk! Eek!
CUBES: touché – who plops at the foot of a bed in the guest room? No one. I don’t need the cubes, too. I could put them somewhere else (like in the den) or do without that idea. You’re very, very right. It would almost clutter the room – the exact opposite of what I’m trying to accomplish. K - $100 saved – I’ll have to tell Austin!!
RUST COLORED ACCENTS: Oh my – your design genius just never ceases to amaze me! First, so glad you approve of the wall!! Yes, throw blanket will probably be tough… I like the pillows idea, already am totally sold on the birdcage idea, and think the desk accessories would be perfect! I’ve thought about doing copper! Like a coppery gold. I think a rug at the foot of the bed that had the orange in it would be an amazing find (and far enough away from the standard shams to notice unless you’re a picky ahole).
IKEA HORSESHOE SHAPED CHAIR: Nope – just an Internet find. Ew – I don’t like your use of smallish… I agree – I want a Parson’s chair and yes, I remember! We saw some at Marshall’s the other day, too, when we (well really I) ate all of those gummy bears!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You’re CRAZY helpful - I was tired and now I’m renewed to go rework this room because I see your point on so many things and AGREE! (and of course wouldn’t have thought of it myself). What would I do without you??!! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Love you too - will call tomorrow!! And I want an update on what you guys saw today, too!
Post a Comment