Friday, January 2, 2009

MAJOR News!

1. We are officially interested in looking at 10 different rental homes in the area (well 9 homes; 1 townhome; I know, I know, we don't want a townhome - but it's too sweet to not at least see).

2. We are going to see 4 tomorrow - yes, count them - FOUR- I reached out to them today and am already on my way! We have one at 10 a.m., then 3 at 1:30, 2:15 and 3 back to back. EEEEK!

3. Austin leaves for Mexico Sunday - boo. He'll be back Thursday night though - just in time to hopefully see the other SIX on Saturday (if I have my way).

4. I think i've halfway convinced Austin to let me get a different couch - one that's more us, one that's solid, etc. It's really all hanging on what place we get because of course we want to still keep this couch - it's super nice and doesn't 'not' go - it's just not my thing... So if we get a place big enough for 2 dens or a den and a basement or a den and a large office - I get my way! Yessss. So we'll see.

5. I've officially decided what I want in a rental after having talked it out with Stacy while walking 3 of 5 miles today: I want a rental starter home (kind of). Basically, I want a cute, charming ranch with 3-4 bedrooms; 2-3 bathrooms in Buckhead, Brookhaven, Dunwoody or Sandy Springs (ITP) that has been taken care of (i.e. has neutral paint; no heinous stuff I can't change) and has had some upgrades done (i.e. kitchen bathrooms look a little more 2000s and a little less 1960s). This is actually pretty hard to find (in our price range). People are VERY proud of the location - even if the house is a total rundown POS that wouldn't go for $620 a month in ANY other part of Georgia. However, some get it. Some watch the news. Some are motivated to get these redone ranches rented out and i'm THERE - can't wait in fact. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Oooooooooo!!!!!!!! That IS major news! Wow! How exciting for y'all!

I forgot about Mexico....boo! Weren't you going to go at one time?

fittingbackin said...

Yes- can't wait!!! I'll let you know how it goes (of course!)

yeah - not until Thursday when the trip ends but instead I have to be at an event at work...

Anonymous said...

Can't WAIT to hear how it goes and to SEE PICTURES! Please take some with your iPhone and email them to us!
Zach and I went riding around today. ugh... i am now back to stress mode and hating moving! I am glad you found so many you like in the areas you want to be!!! :)

fittingbackin said...

Definitely!! You know it!!

I hear you... I honestly think it's probably easier for us though, Dev - less of a committment when you rent, you know? Can't wait to see where we both end up!! Fingers crossed we're closer together than we are now - or at least the same distance!!!!