Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Same... or Different?

I used to be stuck on this whole avoiding ‘matchy matchy’ at all costs. For instance, I insisted that few pieces of furniture match, specifically I had this thing against matching nightstands in the bedroom. I don’t know why, but I did. Now it seems it’s everywhere! And I LIKE IT! It just looks so clean and symmetrical when you have matching nightstands by the bed with matching lamps atop them. Fab. What are your thoughts?



IF I did it, I think I’d get another night stand from Mary, and get those Pier 1 lamps to sit on top! What do you think? Is it bad that I’m kinda not feeling the nightstand and would rather put it in a guest room and get two new night stands?

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I have matching night stands/tables in the front bedroom. The new ones from Pier One. I like that they match. :)

fittingbackin said...

yeah!! I love that - I like matching ones, too! I really think I want to do this for the master!

Anonymous said...

I was like you, too. but after we got the new bdrm furniture I've had a terrible time finding something that 'looks right'.
I want the matching nightstands, but they are SO expensive!

fittingbackin said...

hmmmm that makes sense. Oh I remember that now - weren't yours like $600 a piece or something crazy?