Sunday, January 18, 2009

Odd Space Idea


We've been seeing this odd area in lots of homes, and I think this is such a smart way to handle it if it comes your way. Make it a small office! Or even, instead of desk/chair, put an oversized chair there and make it a reading nook. I think that little shelf from Ikea is perfect though, and the tree is even fun (without the stuff hanging on it) and I like that shade.

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I like the way that space is arranged. :)

Actually....I like everything about it except the "ornaments" on that tree branch. LOL

fittingbackin said...

Right! haha they should have left it alone!!

Anonymous said...

while VERY cute, I could see it getting cluttered rather quick. there is no 'covered' storage-- no cabinets, no baskets (with or without lids), no drawers-- nothing to 'hide' paperwork and such in... you know what i mean?

I would almost leave the right side the same (window, tree branch (sans ornaments), ikea mini cubby... and put a big reading chair in the corner where the desk is. with a lamp (like you said). I would imagine you would have a real desk/office space somewhere else in your house and you wouldn't really need this as a second space anyway... right?

depending on where this space is in the floorplan of the house, you could even make it a mudroom type space or a bar area (bar counter, wine rack, etc...)

fittingbackin said...

I DO know wh at you mean - but wouldn't have noticed! I've said it before and i'll say it again - what would I do without you?!

Yes - love the reading/chill area idea but GREAT idea too with the mudroom. I'm going to go try and find an odd space that they did that with!! (I need a visual!!)