Friday, January 9, 2009

Guest Room Refresh


Depending on the size of the room, this would be SUPER easy to do for the "green" guest room. If you remember - I wanted this room to have 6 vertical, black & white wedding photos framed (crate & barrel) - with 3 on top 3 on bottom JUST like this. So they basically used a dresser as a nightstand, and then hung this over. If you remember - I have that 3-drawer chest (currently in our master bathroom). I've been talking about resurfacing it (sanding it and either restaining or painting) and updating the hardware. I could do that as a nightstand and then hang the pics over it!! OR do that to the white piece in my closet... (another 3-drawer chest) - could just sand it and paint it black and put new hardware on it... Thoughts?!
P.S. I'm scared to mount a light like this though... Stacy had some good ideas for how to do it and have it look good though. Hmmm. If not I could do a floor lamp though, right?

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Depending on the size of the space,I'd use the white dresser over that smaller three drawer chest.

Just sayin' :)

But it LOVE the look ...and of course the Sarafina bedding from Pottery Barn! ;-)

fittingbackin said...

Right - well they're actually about the same size - they just both need to be redone. I think if I do 'wood' in that room - i'll use the one from the bathroom. If I do 'black' i'll use the white one from the closet - that make sense?! Glad you love the look!!! i think it's clean and smart!

Anonymous said...

I think the dresser would be best, too, just becuase it is so obviously a dresser that it would be hard to use somewhere else. Whereas the chest, it could be used in lots of places!

as for the lamp, the only problem I have with it is that it means the furniture could never be rearranged! (and you know how much I move furniture around!!) I can imagine it is a great space saver, though.

fittingbackin said...

It is definitely more obviously a dresser than the other - very true!

Right - that would be it - no rearranging! haha