So since I’m likely renting not buying, aside from just looking at kitchens as a whole I want to look at things in kitchens that I think are smart, neat or different – things I could add to a rental and take with me when I go! Here are a few photos of kitchens that inspired me (all Ikea).
Love: The European bar pulls; the glass cabinets; the hood; the pennent lamps, etc.
What I think translates in any kitchen: The lever bar mounted on the backsplash - great for hanging "the little stuff" - the spatulas, spoons, ladles, pot holders, etc. You could even hang small picture frames maybe! I like how they did the small plants below. I would only do one bar - not two.
I love these baker's racks. Not necessarily these specifically, but the idea of having a rack like this to put pots, small appliances, etc. on. I just know that we barely have space in our kitchen now so if we end up with anything smaller this could be a fun option. I could even use the rack I have in the kitchen as a baker's rack (isn't it one?) I forget since it's been elsewhere for so long!

I love the shelves. Not the whiteness, but how you can display the things you use the most - and I like how it has hooks at the bottom to hang mugs, pot holders, etc. I think it looks smart and chic and if you have the space for it (and don't have the counterspace for your stuff) I love the idea of displaying your cutest stuff.

This is a must-have - i'd love to have this little guy hanging over our sink for sponges, the drain thing, etc. I think it's very, very smart and keeps the sink area less cluttered!

So, pricing? CHEAP - go here for kitchen accessories>wall solutions! I played around and put together the one above the sink:
rail $1.99
caddy $1.99
hooks $3.99 (5)
So under $10 and i'd have an extra hook or two! I hope this is something I could do! I want to go to Ikea now! haha Austin would die - especially since we're hopefully moving in a month!!

3 comments:
haha! I love that you took a picture of your screen! talk about clever! :)
ok, i LOVE those bar things! I must have those, too! So SMART!
I would be careful about putting too much on your current baker's rack. It seems a little top heavy to me (maybe b/c the base isn't that big). And I don't know about pots anyway. Those, in my house at least, just don't stack well and stuff... and with the baker's rack, you could probably only use the bottom 2 shelves for that.
You could try putting out your mixing bowl sets and some of your appliances on the baker's rack, though! It would clear your counter top a little and would be pleasing to the eye. You could even do a cute basket with your table linens or your kitchen towels and stuff in. And / or another with potholders and stuff...
oh, and on the sponge thingy-- I am wondering if it would get the wall wet or if it would drip real bad on the counter when you hang it up after using.
and what about the smell of the sponges. would it be better b/c they get more air out of the sink? or worse, b/c you would smell them more b/c they are out of the sink and more on your 'smell level'?
just some things I'm wondering about... :)
haha I did! I took LOTS of pictures of my screen!!
Yes- I think they're super smart and CHEAP - you just make it what you want, hang it up and hook your stuff on - brilliant!
Very, very true. Right - maybe bigger stuff on bottom two and decorative stuff on top two - great idea!! I like that idea a lot! Hmmm good point about the 'sponge smell at smell level' - hehe you're so funny!! I was thinking it might drip on the backsplash to! Maybe you just put it there after it dries? I dunno - I'm thinking now.... hmmm
Post a Comment