Sunday, March 22, 2009

Seating Area Inspiration Board

So I was stressing about what to do with the area between the kitchen and pool table. You may remember this post. Anyway, I’ve pretty much decided to do a lounge/seating area. I think we'll use it the most and can eat in there and hang out and we'll have a TV on the desk area - I just like it! I realize this means I’m forgoing any sit-down dining room deal, but honestly – we just don’t use it! And I guess if we have peeps over for dinner we’ll do what we did before – sit at the high table (I’m hoping to fit the high table in the pool table area with our bar stools at it. Anyway – here is the room – we LOVE IT! Click to make it larger.




What do you think? Here’s how much it will cost per my choices:

We already have the bench, end table and white platter. I also want my hurricane vase with sand/candle on the small iron table. But we need to buy the chairs ($280 for 2 including shipping) , the end table ($170), mushrooms ($32), pillow cover and insert ($37), green candle ($7), green apples ($10) and woven tray ($30) = $567. See any where I can cut corners? Or do you think this is a good price? Do you think the mushrooms are heinous? LOL I love them - they're our favorite food! And I think it makes sense because technically this area is in the kitchen so having apples and mushrooms ties in! :) (right?) Anyway, can't wait to see what you guys think!

7 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I LOVE those chairs! I call dibs on one whenever I'm at your house! LOL

The mushrooms remind me of the 70's haha!!!

Where is the leather lazy chair going?

fittingbackin said...

Thanks!! I love them, too - Target rocks! hehe they are hilarious - that picture was taken when me and Devon went to the decorating class- I fell in love with them! hehe

The leather lazy chair will probably start out in the den (front room on right) but will end up upstairs in Austin's boy room (bonus room!)

Big Pissy said...

That's what I thought you'd do with the leather lazy chair....but i was just checking. ;-)

Fell in love with mushrooms? Random! ;-)

fittingbackin said...

:)yeah - don't you think?!

hehe I know!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, and I love your ideas for your sitting area!! That color combo is one of my favorites - hope you go for it!!

Anonymous said...

very cute! and i can't believe you can do the whole thing for under $600! way to go!

fittingbackin said...

Hey Liz! Thanks for stopping by and for your feedback - I think i'm going to!! :)

Dev: I know, right?! I'm so pumped and hope it works out!! I'm glad you agree the price is good!