Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Dream Kitchen...

Now that it seems pretty likely the kitchen in that house is mine - fo sho - I decided to start thinking about it...

The Kitchen













Things We’re Not changing

The island – we love it.
The faucet – good stuff!
The drawer pulls.
The cabinets/cabinet color.
The layout of the kitchen.

Things We Would Like to Change

Replace the following white appliances with stainless steel:
Oven
Microwave
Dishwasher
Refrigerator
Replace the cabinet door knobs to match the drawer knobs (brushed stainless steel). Therefore, we need 23 knobs (6 for the desk wall; 9 for the fridge wall and 8 for the window wall).
Replace sink with stainless steel open sink – rather than a two-sided sink.
Replace countertops with granite (in a dark brown/black speckled – I like Baltic brown).
Replace backsplash with white subway tile.

My Inspiration (click to make it larger)



Ideas from the Inspiration Photos

Have a pendent light installed over the sink.
Have recessed lighting installed, and maybe two pendent lights over the island.
Put in a bamboo shade over the window (from Lowes)
Have glass put in the two cabinets to the right of the stove OR the two cabinets to the right of the window.

Things We Need to Buy Other than the Above

A chair for the desk – a nice, armless upholstered chair. Maybe even patterned because everything else in the room is solid.
Spice Racks

What do you think?! I think I love it... especially that baltic brown granite against the white cabinets - do you like?

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I can't believe my kitchen didn't make the inspiration board. Whatever, Kelly. :(

Totally kidding - I love it! Love the idea for lighting and the bamboo shade over the sink...I may steal that idea...hmmm. Baltic Brown is very pretty - can't wait for you guys to seal the deal on this one!

fittingbackin said...

hehe I figured you'd be glad - I was trying not to copy you!!! hehe

Go for it! I feel like the baltic brown is just a shade or two off from yours!

so glad you like it!

Big Pissy said...

I like your ideas!

This is gonna be SO much fun!!!!!

p.s. Parson's chair for the desk?