Friday, March 27, 2009

Good News + Weird News + Bad News

Good News: The floors are an EXACT match. Austin and the hardwood installer were VERY pleased. It is DEFINITELY Bruce summerside strip in Buttercup!

Weird News: There is no cable outlet in the front living room, no cable outlet in the kitchen and no cable outlet in any of the small bedrooms upstairs. So we need to install 3: one in the front living room, one in the kitchen and one in the scrapbook room. There's one in the bonus room (not where Austin wants it) but he's fine with running the cable along the wall since it's just a guy room he said! So now we need to see how much it costs...

Bad News: There were two cracks in the stucco. One above the door that we DID NOT want fixed. The seller told us he had a guy out to fix it who said it would look like shit if he did it and not match and wasn't worth it. We took his word for it and confirmed it was just a surface scratch. There was another crack we DID want fixed; a potentially problematic crack. So... the stucco inspectors come up with a report that indicates the cracks. We tell them to do several things and among them, fix the ONE crack we wanted fixed.

I think you know where this is going...they've fixed the wrong crack and it looks AWFUL Austin said. Like doesn't blend at all - looks totally ghetto. So Austin calls Amanda who calls the stucco place and they're AWARE and are apparently coming back out "when it stops raining" to fix it. (can't repair stucco in the rain). So the seller CLEARLY knew they effed up and wanted them to A) fix the crack they were paid to fix and B) correct the shitty job they did on the crack we DIDN'T want fixed. So I call to confirm and the guy is all, "we're sorry; we did the wrong one; we made a mistake; we're going as soon as it stops raining even if it's Sunday." I'm like, "Um, yeah you are. And you're going to owe us and the seller a shit load of $ if this deal falls through because you don't know how to read your OWN REPORT!" I'm pretty pissed. Austin took a picture. I'm waiting to get it from him... I just don't get it. And I feel like obviously this is the best they felt they could do so i'm worried they can't get it right.... the guy sounded worried, too.

No comments: