Friday, April 3, 2009

Productive Evening! And Thoughts About Future Purchases

Yesterday I took my lunch to pack some stuff, load up the car, etc. I filled it to the brim! Then I made pita pizzas and put them in the fridge. At 5 on the nose I headed to the gym for a quick 3.5 mile walk, then ran upstairs, grabbed Reuben and the pizzas and we were on our way to Alpharetta! Austin met us at the house and we quickly got the pizzas in the oven and unloaded the car! This trip mostly included our games, towels, and LOTS of my closet (ClosetMaid drawers, shoes, etc.). Also - the bed frames!

Now - both guest rooms have everything from frames and mattress pads to bed skirts, sheets and everything. The pillows are even stuffed in the cases & shams. All both rooms need now are beds! haha

Clearly, the last "rooms" to go will be our bedding, our kitchen and several things from each of our closets though. I'm not too worried - the more trips we take the better I feel about the whole thing, you know?

One annoying thing: Currrently both garage door openers operate the left door... the right door (i.e., my door) doesn't open - boo. Austin said he'd mess with it on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday - full day! We hope to go up there at 7:30 a.m. to meet the guys with a car full of stuff. Unload. Go buy a vacuum cleaner and a few other things; pick up more stuff; unload then CLEAN from top to bottom, especially the kitchen (to be honest - it's VERY clean but I want to do it anyway). Once we're done we may do one more load/unload then that's it for the day. We're hoping to have some free time to go see our friends!! Especially since next weekend is going to be slammed with the move.

I can't WAIT to see the hardwoods in!! And really to get the whole house done. I was thinking, as far as furniture, $100+ items, we really don't need that much:
  • TV + storage baskets for Austin's office
  • 2 club chairs + couch + floor mirror for the living room
  • Coffee table + TV for the kitchen seating area
  • 2 night stands + 1 chair for our bedroom
  • Piece of furniture for entryway
  • TV for video-game room
  • 2 night stands + lamps for guest room
  • desk + shelving unit + futon + TV + chair for scrapbook room
  • full size bed for guest room

That's really it! (not including decorative items and the BIG things like granite/stainless appliances in the kitchen; hardwood stairs with new bannisters; etc.) To prioritize:

  1. Full size bed for guest room $400
  2. TV + coffee table for kitchen seating area $400
  3. Storage baskets for Austin's office $70
  4. 2 night stands for our bedroom $TBD - $500
  5. TV for video game room $400
  6. 2 club chairs + couch for living room $460 for chairs; $500 for couch
  7. 2 night stands + lamps for guest room; $170
  8. desk + shelving unit + futon + TV + chair for scrapbook room $800
  9. TV for Austin's office; $200
  10. Piece of Furniture for Entryway $250
  11. 1 Chair for our bedroom $250
  12. Floor mirror for living room $100

TOTAL: $4,500 - not too bad for all that, right? I even tried to add in tax!

No comments: