Monday, April 27, 2009

Let There be TVs

Me and Austin headed out around 1 p.m. to Brandsmart to buy 3 TVs - one for the mantle (that would go in the bonus room until then), one for the kitchen (with a DVD player since there is no cable) and one for the scrapbook room. The guy did NOT want to make a deal - how annoying... so we left, empty-handed, and went to Lowe's for screws for the bed frame (still can't get the guest room one attached!) and by Trader Joe's, PetSmart and then over to pick up my bridesmaid's dress at Priscilla. We headed up to the house and stopped by Best Buy. The guy was helpful, but then he had to go and passed us off to one of the most helpful people ever! This girl knew her stuff and helped us get the bonus room TV AND the kitchen TV for better prices then Brandsmart (they took $100 off the cost of the big TV!). We still need the scrapbook room TV but it's not a priority and we're thinking Wal-Mart or something since I only want 22" and don't need a built-in DVD player.

We stopped by the house, set up the TVs, ate a quick lunch and confirmed that the screws don't work. ARGH. By then it was 5 p.m. and Mon/Andy were coming by to get boxes/see the house so we put Kroger/trip back to Lowe's on hold and did some more stuff at the house - I worked on my office more, and Austin worked on his den more. Then Mon/Andy texted that they were running late, so I headed over to Kroger and had the hardest time. First, the pharmacy had just closed. KNEW I should have gone earlier. Then, I couldn't find ANYTHING - it was crazy - new stores are hard. :( I headed back home and walked in 60 seconds before Andy/Mon! So good to have them over though - they're moving this coming weekend!! Yay!!!

Once they headed out work on the house came to a screeching halt. We ate. Watched our favorite - Law & Order - and I succombed to a benadryl-induced slumber. Don't know what's on the agenda tonight but I do know that they's not much left to do - woo!

No comments: