Thursday, April 16, 2009

Granite Update - and More!

So she came and was SUPER nice. She was really knowledgeable and I felt great about it. She brought samples and i'm definitely loving the baltic brown and one other - tan brown. She said they cost the same. We also discussed putting granite over the island (adhering it to the tile). She said she'd take it an inch over on all sides. She measured for it too and I asked her to line item it as we may not do it. We also discussed sinks - I hesitate to get one big one and am thinking of doing 60/40 or even 80/20 - we'll see! So it all went great!

Then I got the updated quote... first, she didn't line item out the island so it was A LOT (the island is about 9 square feet alone) and then the square foot price jumped up $4/foot for the tan brown. What? She said they cost the same. So... I wrote her back and hope to have an update tomorrow. I just can't decide about the island - I think I want to leave it as is... what do you think?

Other than that me and Austin:
  • put together 2 dolce chairs
  • put together a coffee table
  • set up the seating area... can't decide if we like it - need help!
  • installed a fan in the guest room (but don't have special bulbs so we couldn't put the light on)
  • cleaned both bathrooms and did a load of laundry
  • hung the M over the mantle and measured it for a TV
  • hung the key rack thing by the door
  • put together two bed frames
  • installed the headboard and attached it to a bed frame in one of the guest rooms (love it!)
  • made a new recipe (Sausage Rotini Pasta - LOVED IT!)
  • found out that Reuben can get out of the backyard - eek!

Another great day! We're just plowing through this stuff - it's fun! I even made the coffee table by myself - woo!

No comments: