Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simple Kitchen: Likes & Dislikes


Likes: the stainless steel appliances, how clean/simple it feels, the small tiled backsplash, the glazed over cabinets (don't know proper term), the faucet, the large black/white print and the white dishes.

Dislikes: the lack of color - it needs some kind of color pop; the single chair that looks very uncomfortable; the hardware on the cabinetry (i'm obsessed with European bar pulls), the three teapots on the counter (don't seem to go with anything/the feel of th room/etc.; the countertops are too plain and so is the light fixture.

Assessment: I like stainless steel appliances, a clean/simple kitchen, tiled backsplash, a cool faucet, white dishes, glazed over cabinets, a color pop, numerous/comfortable chairs (a breakfast nook) and countertops that aren't so solid - some kind of subtle pattern would be nice and would add depth to the room.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

The kitchen pictured is simply too austere for my taste.

fittingbackin said...

I see that! :) It's definitely missing some stuff! haha I haven't heard anything described that way in forever!

Big Pissy said...

thought you might like that! ;-)