Sunday, December 7, 2008

Laundry Room: Likes & Dislikes



K - this laundry room is NICE! I HIGHLY doubt i'd have one this large, and with the awesome sink but hey - here's dreaming, and here's what I like and dislike.

Likes: The three identical baskets, the counterspace for folding, the cabinets for extra storage (cleaning supplies, etc.), the sink (especially that awesome faucet), the hooks (love them), and the chandelier- I think it's fun!

Dislikes: The colors (my w/d is red so I plan to do the laundry room a light taupe color - and maybe even do stripes with an alternating color i.e. chocolate on bottom/taupe on top could look cool); the floor - i would do larger tile and I don't want a rug.

So I think I want a taupe/chocolate fun painted laundry room with large tile on the floor. I probably can't do a countertop over my w/d because I have drawers that go below it. But I'd love to incorporate a surface somehow, that could offer storage space below it. I also definitely want to have hooks. And one thing I think is missing is a dring rack. I'd love to have a permanent fold-out drying rack like the ones at Ballard Designs/Pottery Barn.

No comments: