Monday, September 21, 2009

Boy Nursery - Geometric Shapes

I think this is super cute with the circles, and I like the color pallette of neutrals with an orangey red color pop. CUTE bedding.


I like the idea of a simple 3-drawer chest that they just put a changing pad on, so you can easily transition the furniture once you're no longer changing. I like the letters, too - although i'm not sure i'm feeling the broken up ones?? (the a and y). I don't know - cute though.


I have that chair from Ikea! haha I think the piece of furniture next to it is too big (the blue shelves). In my opinion it needs a smaller table.

Those locker shelves are cute, but the stuff on them seems random and that window is screaming for some sort of window treatment, even if it's just sheers. (or like those $10 Wilma panels from Ikea).
Yes. This picture confirms that it's just too tight over in that corner, don't you think? I feel like we're missing a wall - what's on the wall to the right when you come in? Hmmm.
Either way - lots of cute ideas, great color pallette and I like the clean, modern look. I just feel like with the 3 smaller pieces of furniture it made it a bit cluttered (instead of, say, 2 pieces of furniture with one larger). What do you think? Like the colors? Like the "sawyer"?

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Oh my! So much to discuss! LOL

The "Sawyer" while a cute idea....also looks just a teensy bit scary. Like a poltergiest scrawled the baby's name on the wall. Know what I mean?

I TOTALLY agree with you about too many pieces of furniture being the same size. While both are cute pieces, there are simply too many of them.

The window is crying out for something to soften it. It seems to me that people who would put so much thought into the "Sawyer" wouldn't overlook that window. Panels made of fabric the same as the bedding would be cute. Or panels in a complimentary color. But probably the Wilma panels from Ikea Perhaps they have something on order that hasn't arrived yet for that window?

One can only hope! ;-)

fittingbackin said...

haha I know, right?!

LOL - yes - it's that red! They should have gone with chocolate writing!! (less scary fo sho).

Yes - way too many - doesn't look right at all.

Right??! I didn't get it - it needs window treatments SO BAD! haha