Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And Another One Down: Outdoor Lighting

Austin had gone to Home Depot and Lowe's to find solar outdoor lights. But there was like no in between - either $20 for 6 (plastic, low-quality ones that got bad reviews online) OR $100 for 2. Um, no.

So Austin mentioned Frontgate in Phipps- a super nice outdoor store. He heard they had reasonably priced outdoor lighting from his friend Phil (they're doing some sort of outdoor challenge or something - they both bought houses around the same time - boy shit).

We looked online and found a set of six Arlington Solar path lights for only $130. They come in a bronze finish, they're glass not plastic and stainless steel. We really liked them! So we called and they didn't have it in stock but the store manager was so apologetic that they're sending them to us - free shipping - to be here by Thursday at the latest - WOO! And guess what?! As I was checking out they showed up as 20% off - some 20-year anniversary special! So they'll be here for FREE for only $110!! Here's the item online. Here's some pics. I'll take some of them once they're in the backyard!

Here's the style...


Here's the color we chose...


Hope you like! Can't wait to get these out in the yard. Will also help us keep an eye on Reuben!

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Oh, those are going to look great! :)

and yes, help you to keep an eye on little Reuben. I miss him. He needs to spend some quality time with his Mimzi! ;-)

fittingbackin said...

Thanks - I can't wait!!

I know it - he (and I!) haven't seen you in forever. :( If you have time come over Thursday and we'll hang!!!

Big Pissy said...

'k! we can discuss tonight. :)