Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bye Bye Brass

So many moons ago Devon (sister!) and I went to Lowe's for a small white fan for one of my guest rooms. It's since been installed.... incorrectly... so Austin was working on fixing it.... and now it's done! Turns out the fan was missing a part (bless his heart). So he replaced the fan and we're in business now! I'll have to take a pic tonight!

Whilst at Lowe's I saw a box of 6 "small lights" - AKA closet/hallway lights. Currently our hallway has 3 of these heinous brass/crystal doo-dads and I despise them. Then there's more in our closet, the walk-in in my scrapbook room, the bathroom stall area, the laundry room, the pantry, etc. Anyway - I buy this 6-pack of lights and they've yet to be installed. But I begged Austin to JUST do the 3 in the hallway. That's it - not all 6 - just 3! I was just SO ready to say bye to at least some of the 90's brass that permeates this home!! (primarily dominant in bathrooms but STILL!)

So he did it! He installed 3 new ones in the hallway and 1 new one in the pantry. He even tried to do the closet one but it ended up being a 2-bulb light not a 1... so boo! He was about to start the laundry room when I was like nah - the end!

Sadly I don't have pics, but I will take some. I love the new ones - so presh!!!

No comments: