Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Happy Office

I love it...




So does Reuben...






What you're not seeing is the wall to the left of the window! I plan to paint a shutter white and stick black/white photos in it. I want to hang it vertically. I actually started painting it, but need to go get gray primer. You're also not seeing the wall to the right - it's a small wall because there is a closet on the end. There is a white 3-drawer chest from Ikea on it, and it will soon have a TV on it. I haven't gotten it yet because right now I have a 22" w/a built-in DVD player in the kitchen because they wouldn't put cable in. Now they're saying they may be able to, so Austin said to wait before buying a TV because we could just stick that one in my office and get a TV w/out a built-in DVD player for the kitchen!

This room is ALL ikea - from the curtains/rods to the light fixture and lamp. Aside from the shutter and TV, I still need to:
  • buy a pillow for the lazy chair
  • finish organizing my stuff (it's in boxes but not how I want it yet)
  • decide if I like how things are set up (i'm not crazy about the books. I worry it looks messy)

I'm thinking about buying this pillow - what do you think? Any advice or thoughts on the room?


3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Oh Wow, Kel!

LOVE it!!!!

I want to see the chest on the wall. Love that you got it all at IKEA. I adore that place. :)

fittingbackin said...

Thanks, Mom!! I'm glad you like it! Yes- I need to take a pic of it - tomorrow!

Do you like the pillow??

Big Pissy said...

I DO like the pillow! I also like the way you have the stuff arranged on the cubie (sp?) after all; it IS an office. :)

btw...that picture of Reuben is absolutely adorable! A perfect capture of his "smile" ;-)