- The installers get there and tell us, in so many words, they're likely going to damage our backsplash upon removal of the countertops. What?! That's why we didn't do it ourselves - we're paying you to do it.... what?! They're like, "we just don't know until we get in there and see. Things happen." Um, seriously? Long story short: Austin calls, raises hell, they agree to fix it if it's damaged. Result: no damages/no problem!
- The installed have laid down the countertops and see the 1/2" gap between the top of the countertops and where the tile begins. I knew about this gap, and was told the "grout joint" would be filled with grout to bridge the gap. The installers apparently weren't told they would need to do this. They asked me what we were planning on doing with it... I said um, what are YOU planning on doing with it? They had no idea... Long story short: I called, raised hell, they agreed to fix it. Result: the guy headed out to Home Depot, bought it, put it in, it looks great/no problem!
- They went to drill the holes and it was just wrong. Not right AT ALL. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't line up with faucet in center, then operator, soap, sprayer to right.... they worked it out and put faucet in center... but then operator to left and soap to the left of it then sprayer on the far right. It just wasn't right... it plagued me. Later I realized THEY PUT THE SINK IN BACKWARDS. The big side should be on the left/small side on the right so the faucet, operator, soap and sprayer could line up down the right. O. M. G. I was so upset. I double-checked my emails and everything and I requested big on left/small on right. Long story short: I called, raised hell, they're figuring out how to go about it. She DID confirm that her notes had small side on left AND the templater's notes that I signed had small side on left so she "doesn't know what happened." Result: TBD.
At this point... i'm like come fix it. Come template, cut another slab, bring it out here, buy more grout, uninstall the sink, readhere, reinstall, etc. AND pay our plumber $225 to come BACK out OR give us $. Just give us $ and i'll deal with it. How much $? I can't decide. I would have rather they just done the job right the first time, you know? This is THE biggest slab, and the most complicated slab because of the sink break. It's definitely going to cost them the most to replace... and then of course 2 trips, paying the plumber, etc. I personally think they should give us $1,000. haha For real - i'll start buying stainless appliances!!! :) We'll see....
P.S. In all honesty, at the end of the day, it really looks good. It DOES. I just can't enjoy it until i'm compensated or until it's fixed.... AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH. They've sucked all of the fun out of this for me! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment