Friday, November 28, 2008

My Dream Living Room.... Only a Few Thousand Dollars Away...


Click to make it larger...


I'm obsessed with the living room that I worked on all day today!! I just think it feels so warm and fun, but also traditional and rustic with a contemporary twist. It makes me happy! And it's not that expensive. I already have:

  • The coffee table
  • The armoire
  • The side table
  • Decorative accents not included above like chocolate brown leather throw pillows, pottery barn trays, etc.

Stuff I need to buy:

  • sofa - $400 increased to $500
  • ottoman - $200
  • leather chair - $500
  • two accent chairs - $400
  • table lamp - $160 on sale for $100
  • floor lamp - TBD (would like to spend less than $60)
  • throw pillows - $100 on sale for $80
  • birch end table - $200
  • wall mirror - $400
  • red throw - TBD (would like to spend less than $30

Total: $2,430 (before added taxes & potential delivery charges; also before it potentially goes on sale and before added online rebates or coupons)

So while I don't want to spend $2,430 replacing my current living room stuff - it's pretty good that you can spend just that for a couch, three chairs, two lamps, an ottoman, an end table, two throw pillows, a huge mirror and a throw... I can't wait!!

P.S. My current living room stuff will be spread throughout the house (i.e. couch and leather "video game chair" in Austin's office; chaise in our bedroom; leather bench in the foyer). And, depending on whether or not we get a basement - the couch could go down there if it didn't fit in the office.

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

It's gonna look great!

I can't wait for y'all to get your house! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!

I KNOW - it's so hard... I just can't wait but I know I have to be patient....