Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ideas from This Simple, Fun Living Room

There's something about this room that I find really warm... I'm trying to put my finger on it.

Here's what I like: The colors (warm, neutrals); The color pop in the bright pillow; The leather ottoman as a coffee table; the neat mirror leaning against the wall; the "lived in but picked up" feeling it has.

Here's what I don't like: The wreath... i'm not a fan of wreaths; the pillows on the couch - they blend too much/don't contrast enough; the lamp shade - i'm into the 'drum' shade Devon called it!; the sectional - while I love the color - i'd much rather have a couch and two chairs than a sectional.

Lessons Learned: I like warm neutral colors with a subtle color pop (i.e. red), I like the leather ottoman as a coffee table and leaning mirrors, I like pillows that contrast with the couch, with a more modern lamp and a couch with two chairs... i'm getting somewhere!!

No comments: