Thursday, November 13, 2008

Photo Walls

I've seen many photo walls, but my favorites are at my sister's house (Pier One glass with brown frames - she floats pictures in between) and one at Austin's mother's house. I don't have a picture of Devon's - dang - but here's one of Michelle's in her guest room:


I love the different pictures, the history, the different frames - I just think it's SO pretty. When you do the ones's like Michelle's that are less lined up, more "random" - I found online that people put down large sheets of poster board and lay them all out. Once they get it how they like it, they trace it on the paper, measure the distance between the traced frames and use that as a guide when hanging. I thought it made sense. Anyway, I can't wait to do a photo wall, and am pretty sure i'm going to do a 'wedding wall' with six of my favorite vertical black/white photos from our wedding, and put them in glass with black frames so I can do 8x10 photos floating in the frames. Here’s the frames I want.... they NEVER go on sale. Argh. It will be $15 x6 so almost $100. Not awful, but I'm going to look at Pier One, too - maybe i'll have some luck! And check online for a promo code!

No comments: