Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dining Room: New Rug meant New Tabletop Decor

I LOVED my old dining room rug. It was a Pottery Barn Outlet find. Reuben loved it too. He loved to relieve himself on it to the point that we had to get it drycleaned. Fail. And then roll it up and replace it. Enter the new rug, which is a much more intense print which meant our printed place mats were no longer going to work.

Me, my mom and my sister all went up to Pottery Barn outlet today. They were setting up a display with a runner and these cool, heavy, awesomely rustic, candlesticks - with no candles in them. I loved it. I picked up 5 candlesticks (only $53 total) , my sis found the runner (only $15) in the store and game over - I was going to copy PB's tabletop for my living room for only $68. Here's how it turned out - not a major transformation but i'm much happier with the rug, and the room, now!

BEFORE: this is the new rug - you can see how the 'poppy' placemats were just kind of meh. As far as not just doing a single centerpiece in the middle - I was worried it would compete with the huge light that hangs over it! (not shown in this shot!)

AFTER: Candlesticks and runner instead - not competing with 'beehive' light... do you see little Reuben? LOL
Close up shot of candlesticks
The completed room - new tabletop and new 'party central' buffet!

No comments: