Monday, October 5, 2009

October 2009: The Month of Closets

Yes, you heard it here first. Nursery month is officially over and closet month is just now getting started! Why closet month? Well, first of all, closets rock hard. They do. AND one of my goals this month (per my fittingbackin blog) is to clean out the hall closet (downstairs near front door). I envision it empty, but with matching hangers, shelves, hooks, etc. - for guests? I dunno! I need to see what's out there so I'll know EXACTLY what to get and how it will look once I install what I get. I think this has been my reluctance with getting started on this project - not knowing what I want the final results to look like. So, let the games begin!! A few things to note:
  • Our hall closet is a walk-in closet.
  • It currently has one shelf/rod at the far back.
  • That's about it!

Things I want it to be able to do:

  • store guest jackets (long space)
  • store guest purses (shelves? cubbies?)

I think that's it? Maybe have additional hidden storage? I dunno... am I missing something? What else are they supposed to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could say it is "closet month" here at my house too. It's "organize the attic" month also. Time to put away the summer clothes and get the holiday decorations cued up and ready to go.

I love your new house. Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Our hall closet is very small. We just keep all our fall and winter coats there, mittens, scarves, etc. In the summer, I keep our beach bag there - ready for the pool. We also keep the "doggie" stuff there - brushes, leashes, doggie coats, etc. I store extra dining room linens on the shelves just because my dining room is really small and the closet is close by for easy access.

fittingbackin said...

Nice! I'm thinking about making mine "organize the garage" month, too. Don't tell Austin! haha

That's smart - LOVE the beach bag idea and "doggie stuff" - those definitely warrant a cubby/hook/whatever it ends up looking like! Smart ideas - thanks, Jacey!