Friday, April 8, 2011

Spice Cabinet Redux

So I had purchaed my spice jars, labeled them and reorganized the kitchen. Oh happy day. However, I was still having a hard time finding what I needed. Especially because all of the jars were the same. It was like my organization had turned on me. Then I discovered that the height of the jars was PERFECT for the drawers- like made for them. Perhaps they were? Anywho, so I reorganized again taking large spoons/spatulas out of a drawer and getting a container on the counter for them, which freed up space in a drawer right next to the stove where I need the spices the most. However, they now needed labels on TOP, not just on the side. So me and my new best friend that truly brings out my OCD like no other label maker got to work - here are the results!

The magic is in the left drawer
See - love it. Have spice jars and small containers for packets at arm's reach
Close up

As a refresher, here is the before:

And the other AFTER:
I cooked 5 recipes with the new organization system - bliss! I made 4 casseroles: Burrito Casserole, Spicy Spaghetti Pie, Brushetta Bake and Taco Pasta Casserole.
Taco Pasta Casserole close up
spicy spaghetti pie close up

1 comment:

Road dust control NV said...

It looks a great dinner and lasagna. By the way, thanks for this blog, it is very helpful in providing visual aid for renovations.