Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hi Kitchen, Let me Introduce you to 2010!

Yay - I have finally have a modern-day kitchen - woo! Here is some before and after. Note: I realize that my "old" kitchen was a 90's kitchen, not trying to be dramatic. However, I feel the 'before' kitchen SCREAMED 90's and that the new one is much better for the new millennium. Just sayin'. Here goes....

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER


What we did:
  • Had granite installed.
  • Had a new sink and faucet installed.
  • Bought and installed new hardware for all drawers and cabinets.
  • Bought stainless steel appliances to replace white appliances (had them installed; had plumber fix gas line).
What we didn't do:
  • Replace backsplash. If I replaced it i'd want white subway tile. But it's already white tile so it's hard to justify changing it for a different shape!
What's left to do:
  • Rip out all lighting. Have two pendants installed over island. Have one pendant installed over sink. Have pot lights put in kitchen and under-cabinet lighting installed.
  • Have ceiling painted white.
  • Have crown installed.
The last project isn't just the kitchen - it's that WHOLE room. It's going to be the last big project we do and I think it's going to make a big impact!!

What do you think?!

No comments: