Friday, November 27, 2009

One Stainless Appliance Down.... 3 to go!

This is mine. Or at least it will be on Thursday when it's delivered, and officially next month when Amex sends me the bill and we pay it. Whatever. It's mine. I mean ours. Of course. hehe

Yes, we went for the Samsung french door stainless fridge - hello 26 cubic feet of food storage. This model is the RF268ABRS... here's a back story of why I ended up with this slightly out of no where.
  • Austin found it on sale for $1,400 at Best Buy, Sears and Lowe's through Slickdeals (originally $2,200) for Black Friday.
  • Me, mom and Dev were sitting around on Black Friday chillin'. I mentioned it. Mom told me to go buy it at that amazing price and Devon said she would go with. We left.
  • Best Buy: there is a sign on it - it's not $1,400. THAT was an error. The white one is $1,400... stainless is $1,700. But Sears has it at $1,400. I prove it. He calls to price match and they say no price matching on Black Friday. We leave.
  • Sears: it's $1,700. We show him the ad. He says it's white. We are like um, no, it's stainless. He says the model # (RF268ABRS) is for stainless... so even though the picture is stainless the white is what's $1,400. We leave. Pissed off.
  • Lowe's: it's $2,400. Wah??? The guy says he'll price match the $1,700, but that the model they have is better than the one's at Best Buy/Sears - it has two icemakers (as opposed to just the one in the door). I don't need two icemakers. I tell him this. He says I do, and makes a good point. So he says this one is $2,400 ($200 more than the other one). However, he'll give me the $1,700 price. At this point, i'm like well... $1,700 is still a $500 savings... but now it's a $700 savings and I get an extra icemaker for free. Shipping is free. Installation is free.
  • I buy it - $1,825 out the door for a $2,400 fridge (would have been $2,568 with tax) - so a cost savings of $743.
  • WOW. I'm happy. I love it. I love that it will really fill the fridge space our house has. I love the ice/water in the door. I love the digital screen. I love the french doors. I'm just LOVING it.
  • When does it arrive? Thursday - the first day available which so happened to be my work from home day. LOVELY.

I'm still on a total rug cloud... swoon... but seriously - a fridge?! I'm PUMPED. Now it's time to begin researching the stove, dishwasher and microwave. No, I won't be buying Samsung. But I will get the other three in the same suite/brand!

I'll post pics once it's in. I. Can't. Wait.

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

Love it! :)

fittingbackin said...

Thanks!!